Types of Seated Yoga
Staff Pose (Dandasana)
- It helps to improve posture.
- Strengthens back muscles.
- It stretches the spine.
- Stretches shoulders and chest.
- Nourishes your body’s resistance to back and hip injuries.
- Helps to calm brain.
Cobbler's Pose (Baddha Konasana)
- It improves flexibility in the inner thighs, groins and the knees.
- Helps to sooth menstrual discomfort and digestive complaints.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs.
- Improving the health of the ovaries, prostate gland, kidneys and bladder.
- Helps open up the lower back and relieves sciatica.
- It opens up the groin area helping to relieve sexual inhibitions and guilt.
Easy Pose (Sukhasana)
- Increases concentration.
- Helps in reducing stress and anxiety
- It improves stability, strength and mobility of the body.
- Helps to strengthen the lower half.
- Improves focus.
- It strengthens the back muscle.
Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
- It helps in the agility of the spine.
- It elongate the spine.
- Releases the lower back muscles and provides relief from lower back pain.
- Aids in maintaining normal rotation of your spinal cord.
Head to Knee Pose (Janu Sirsasana)
- It calms the brain and eliminates mild depression.
- It stretches the spine, liver, spleen, hamstrings, groins, and shoulders.
- Reduces pain in the waist and legs.
- Helps to get rid of belly fat.
- Improves digestion.
- Relieves symptoms of menopause.
- Strengthens rib bones.