Types of Resting Yoga
Child's Pose (Balasana)
- It releases tension in the back, shoulders and chest.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Flexes the body’s internal organs.
- It stretches the spine.
- Relieves neck and lower back pain.
- It stretches muscles, tendons and ligaments in the knee.
- Calms the mind and body.
Corpse Pose (Savasana)
- It calms the central nervous system.
- It helps in improving immune systems.
- Reduces stress.
- Reduces headache, anxiety.
- Helps in lowering blood pressure.
Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose(Viparita Karani)
- It stretches the hamstrings and lower back, relieving tension in the back.
- It improves digestion and sleep.
- Improves balance throughout the systems of the entire body.
- It is a deeply relaxing pose that calms the nervous system.
- Lower stress and anxiety.
- It stretches your deep hip flexors.
- Relieves tension in your neck, throat, and shoulders.
- Stretches the front of your neck and your abdominals.
- Stretches your belly and throat.
- Strengthens your upper back and the back of your neck.
- Relieves stress.
- Improves posture.