What Is Power Yoga?
Power yoga is focused on building strength and endurance. It is also an excellent form of yoga for burning calories.
It is a form of Vinyasa, which has its roots in Ashtanga yoga, an established practice that began in the early 20th century.
It emphasizes on the flow from one pose to the next, rather than approaching each pose separately. The poses aren’t disconnected from each other, unlike some other forms of yoga.
No matter what you call it, power yoga is a fast-paced and intense activity. You move from one posture to another rapidly, linking your breathing to the different motions of your body.
Benefits of Power Yoga
- It helps in strengthening your heart and lungs
- Control high blood pressure
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Helps in controlling blood sugar levels
- Building stronger bones and muscles
- Help with weight loss
- It improves sleep
- Boost your energy levels
- Improve brain functioning
Power Yoga Exercises to Try at Home
- It increases strength.
- Calm your mind.
- Boost your confidence level.
- Helps in improving concentration.
- Increase your body Flexibility.
- Increases Lungs Capacity.
- Better Bone Mass.
- Helps in burning Calories.
- Helps to Improve Depression Symptoms.
- It regulates Blood sugar Levels.
- Boost Heart Health.
- It increases your body strength
- It helps build your body balance
- Increase body flexibility
- Helps detoxifying the body
- It improves your blood circulation
- One of the important benefits of Jivamukti yoga is decreasing the stress and toxins from the body.
- It helps in strengthening your core muscles
- Helps you get a better night’s sleep
- It improve depression symptoms
- It can help you manage stress